它是有益的. 这是要求. 两者都是，而且常常是同时发生的.
The seesaw of reality for teachers is that the challenges in the job can sometimes start to outweigh the joys. 工资往往很低, and raises rare or nonexistent (illustrated by recent statewide teacher strikes in West Virginia, 亚利桑那州, 科罗拉多州, 俄克拉何马州, 和肯塔基州, 这使得2018年 最大的一年 对于一代人的工人罢工). Meanwhile, teachers must deal with the following on a constant basis:
- 学校安全日益重要 – Teachers today must help administer lockdown drills, realizing that they may have to one day put themselves between an active shooter and their students.
- The mounting pressure to be everything for students ——不仅仅是老师, 同时也是心理咨询师, 冲突缓解剂, 标准化的备考人员和管理员, 家长联络, 安全监控, 文化翻译, and even a provider of materials for students who can’t afford them.
- 〇变更责任计划 《bet5365首页》(艾萨), passed by Congress in 2016, replaced No Child Left Behind. The new program meant schools and districts had to design new accountability plans showing how lower-income students, 少数民族学生, 特殊教育的学生, and students for whom English is not a first language will be taught to the same standards as those in the general population.
- Managing education technology in the classroom – 应该为所有人提供ipad吗? 教师是否应该接入谷歌课堂? 视频学习或游戏化有多重要? 学校里谁负责 教师培训 以及解决技术故障?
- 与特许学校的竞争 Public schools have felt the effects of the growing number of charter schools, as those schools compete for both the best students and the most funding.
So, how do you keep your passion for teaching alive when challenges continue to increase?
Just as you need lesson plans for the classroom, you need a strategy that helps you keep your level of inspiration strong. Without consciously making your strategy a priority, 它可能会半途而废, 由于其他需求的不断涌入.
你会问，难道教书还不够难吗?长期担任俄亥俄州教师的皮特·巴恩斯写道 Edutopia. “为什么要尝试新事物呢? 是的, 教学是累人的, especially the parts we can’t avoid—grading papers, 参加员工会议, preparing students for another standardized test. But if we focus on things that drive our passions for teaching, we can stretch ourselves and energize our careers.”
Barnes encourages teachers to find ways to work their passions into their curriculum. 在他23年的教学生涯中, he has found ways to work his love for astronomy into his fifth-grade lesson plans, worked with students as school greenhouse manager, and applied for grants and partnerships to make projects happen.
“I urge you to challenge yourself—but don’t kill yourself,” Barnes recommends. “Taking on new experiences and opportunities should be energizing, not exhausting. 一次只尝试一件新事情.”
在一篇bet5365首页重燃激情的文章中， 更大的好杂志 notes that “even the best work can wear us down.” When it asked teachers what gave them a sense of purpose – from a kindergarten teacher to a college professor – their answers focused on how engaged their students were, 建立人际关系有多令人满意, and their sense of being part of something important. They offered five ways to reconnect with your passion when you’re feeling a little worn out:
- 重新审视你的故事: This means not only remembering why you became a teacher, but also thinking with focus on the goals that inspire you for the future.
- 庆祝对你来说很重要的老师: What made him or her special when you were a student? Can you enumerate things that set this teacher apart? Can you regain focus on those same elements in your own work?
- 网络与同事: Find informal and formal ways to connect with others like you.
- 照顾你: “We teachers are notoriously resistant to helping ourselves out.” Self-care is one of the first things that slips away when we feel overwhelmed; but tending to ourselves makes us more able to deal with the pressures of the job.
- 创建一个“弹性计划”: This is a system of trying out some of the above, 注意的是什么工作, 使其常规, 和解决的障碍.
Finally, remember that even as a teacher, you need to be devoted to learning.
“A career in the education field means that t在这里 are always things to learn,” writes TeachHub. “Standards, technology, teaching strategies, and methods are always changing. Instead of feeling stressed out about the constant changes, try and embrace them. 从不同的角度来看. Set yourself up with a learning plan and create it so that it suits your needs. No one ever said that you had to learn everything in one day — take the time that you need and you will find that your passion will never falter.”
DominicanCAOnline (bet5365首页 专业发展 Program for Teachers) realizes that passion is critical in education; it has created a “我才教育系列” of three complementary online courses that range from 1 to 2 credits each:
- 师生热情 (2 credits): Tapping into both your passion and that of your students to create an exceptional learning environment.
- 充满激情的课堂社区 (2 credits): Learning tools that will help cultivate a classroom filled with students who are eager to come to school every day.
- 富有激情和吸引力的课程规划 (1 credit): Creating lesson plans that are truly engaging.