This 教育旅游 program is structured to enable teachers who are creating their own travel plans to develop and carry out their own travel study course – whether traveling locally or internationally. Travel becomes both a deeper learning opportunity and an engaging teachable event as they research, 视图, 研究和反思参观过的地方.以课程作业为指导, the experience will expand the teachers’ understanding and appreciation of the relevance of the specific site being explored. This approach will enhance the teaching of specific assigned educational standards.
If you are traveling with an organized 教育旅游 company like Academic Expeditions, 现实之旅, EF旅游, 路的学者, 等., then you might be interested in another of our travel courses. 请让我知道，我会把信息发给你.
Because this is an 教练-Coached course, the start time begins on the enrollment date. To begin the process, students will register for at least one semester unit. They will send the instructor a tentative travel itinerary and their areas of study interest. The instructor will collaborate with the student and together they will establish any additional units that they may be able to earn available for the planned travel study trip. If additional units are warranted the student will then enroll for the additional units as agreed upon.
The fee for this course covers only the cost of the course tuition and one official transcript that will be mailed upon successful course completion and grading. All travel expenses and/or admission fees are the responsibility of the student.
- Demonstrate knowledge personally obtained from the travel experience
- 显示的 & post travel research information used to prepare for and to deepen the understanding of the visited sites and cultural area(s)
- Reflect on the travel experience as a tool for deeper learning and creating future engaging teaching events
- Show how assigned teaching standards were enhanced through the travel experience
- Collaborate and share travel adventures and tips with the instructor or other travelers via the course discussion board
2. Keep a log and journal to account for the hours involved working on each activity during the trip, as well as time spent on pre trip research and post-trip course work preparation.
3. Include a photo essay documenting the highlights of the trip with brief description of each photo.
4. A written narrative will be submitted about the specific knowledge obtained through the travel experience
Curriculum developer, in-service leader in the teaching of writing.
Taught course on the development of standards-based teaching, best practices and strategies.